40g almond flour
40g coconut flour
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp almond essence
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ tsp salt
400g fresh cherries, pitted
Dollop cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven on Top + 1/3 bottom heat 180°C and grease a shallow 1.6L ovenproof dish.
2. In a large jug, whisk together the eggs, cream and milk.
3. Add the flours, butter, essences and salt and whisk to make a smooth batter.
4. Pour batter into the prepared dish.
5. Arrange the cherries evenly in the batter.
6. Cook the clafoutis for about 1 hour or until set and golden.
1. Allow to stand for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
2. Dust with icing sugar and serve with dollop cream.
Frozen cherries can be used instead of fresh but need to defrost before using in the batter. Fresh raspberries can be used as a substitute to cherries.