8 scampi, shelled and deveined
8 scallops, cleaned
150g cultured cream
Small punnet of finger lime
(or lime segments, diced)
1 lime, juice and zest
Salt and pepper to season
125ml olive oil (for dill oil)
Baby herbs to garnish
1. Season the scampi and scallops with sea salt. Add a splash of olive oil.
2. Grill scampi on the Teppan Yaki cooktop briefly on both sides, until they are slightly firm.
3. Repeat for the scallops, but only cook one side of each scallop.
1. Cut the green stalk off the leek. Discard the root end.
2. Cut the white of the leek into 1-inch rounds and remove the middle section.
3. Cook the leek rounds on the electric grill cooktop with a little oil, until charred on one side.
Cultured Cream Preparation:
1. Combine cultured cream, finger lime (or lime segments), lime zest and lime juice in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Dill Oil Preparation:
1. Select your dill leaves.
2. Blitz dill leaves and olive oil in a high-speed blender and pass through a fine sieve.
For a simple yet sophisticated presentation, spoon a few dollops of cultured cream around each plate. Place the scampi and scallops (2 of each, per serving). Arrange the leeks around the scampi and scallops. To finish, dress with dill oil and garnish with fresh baby herbs of your choice (Sid used nasturtium and shiso).