600g wagyu strip loin
250ml veal stock
Desert lime kosho*
125g dessert limes
125g fushimi pepper
Spring onion oil**
250g green of spring onion
500g vegetable oil
100g grated horseradish
12 sprigs of samphire
1. Preheat your Gaggenau combi-steam oven on Sous-vide cooking setting at 55°C.
2. Trim the wagyu beef and cut two rectangles of 300g. Heat the large Teppan Yaki plate over medium heat. Brush the meat with vegetable oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Sear the meat on each side until caramelized, approximately 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a wire rack to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Combine the veal stock and the meat in a vacuum bag and vacuum on level 3, seal level 2. Cook the meat for 45 minutes at 55°C.
4. Remove the meat from the bag and rest on a wire rack for 10 minutes covered with a sheet of aluminium foil.
Desert lime kosho preparation:
1. Using a hand stick blender, mix the desert lime and fushimi pepper for 1 minute on medium speed. Combine the mix with the salt and transfer to a small jar.
2. Cover and allow to ferment at room temperature for two weeks. Place filter paper between jar lid and jar to catch any liquid during fermentation.
Spring onion oil preparation:
1. Mix the remaining ingredients in a blender for 1 minute on high speed. Transfer the mix to a pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Strain through a coffee filter or straining cloth and refrigerate overnight.
1. Preheat the Oven to 165°C on Top and Bottom heat.
2. Slice each piece of beef in half lengthways, and trim the ends from each beef strip loin. Place on a lined oven tray and warm the meat in the oven for 5 minutes.
3. Arrange the meat in the centre of each plate and sauce the meat with the remaining veal stock reduction. Drizzle with the spring onion oil. Arrange one teaspoon of dessert lime kosho along one side of the meat and garnish with samphire and grated horseradish.