4 x 110g monkfish fillets
500ml olive oil
White soy sauce beurre blanc
150g white soy sauce
50g aged mirin
300g unsalted butter
1 peeled apple cucumber
4 teaspoons marinated shiso seeds
in soy sauce
Yarra Valley trout roe
Ice plant leaves
1. Preheat the combi-steam oven to 60°C using the Low-temperature cooking function.
2. Fill a medium sized rectangular roasting dish with the olive oil and preheat in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the tray and arrange each piece of monkfish in the tray, making sure each piece is totally submerged in olive oil. Keep the monkfish submerged for 12 minutes.
White soy sauce beurre blanc preparation:
1. Combine the white soy sauce and aged mirin in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the sauce is reduced by three quarters.
2. Lower the heat to low and slowly whisk in the butter. After the butter has completely melted, use a hand blender to emulsify the liquid, approximately one minute. Keep warm using a warming drawer, level 2.
1. With a mandolin slicer, slice the apple cucumber into round discs. Arrange the fish in the centre of each plate.
2. Sauce the fish with the white soy sauce beurre blanc, then place three slices of apple cucumber on the fish, overlapping each other.
3. Finish by placing the shiso seeds and the salvia flower on top.