2kg Sebago, Russet or King Edward potatoes
4 tablespoons melted duck fat
2 tablespoons truffle oil
2–3 fresh thyme sprigs
1. Preheat the combi steam oven to Hot Air 200°C + 30% humidity.
2. Use a mandolin to thinly slice the potatoes. Alternatively, use a knife to cut the potatoes into 2–3mm thin discs.
3. Lightly grease a 20cm oven-proof dish. Starting from the edge of the dish, arrange the potatoes in a vertical position in a spiral pattern moving inwards.
4. Melt the duck fat and reserve 2 tablespoons. Combine the rest of the melted duck fat with the truffle oil and pour over the layered potatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
5. Place in the oven and cook for 50 minutes. Remove potatoes from oven and pour reserved duck fat. Sprinkle with fresh thyme sprigs and cook for another 15–20 minutes or until all golden brown and cooked through.